.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 25, 2006

DON'T PANIC

Is it my thyroid or is it my life?


I think you should know I'm feeling very depressed.


At least I'm quite conscious of my lassitude and abnormal negativity. Retention of insight has got to be some kind of good sign. Doesn't it?

Part of it is my appearance. I was looking very cute for my old age, slender and lithsome with lots of blond hair. I was pleased with being slimmer than usual, but now I seem to be treading into bag of antlers territory. I felt young and bouncy, now I just feel pointy and droopy. My hair is full and wavy enough that it doesn't show too badly, but I am losing lots of my long blonde locks. A sweep of my hand used to push it out of my face. Now it means I have to get rid off the several strands that come away. It's horrifying, actually.

Ther's not supposed to be anything wrong with my thyroid function, but it's suspect number one as far as I can see for my tumbling weight and tresses.

Or not. But the thyroid nodule is making it's presence known. I woke up whispering. I choked on my coffee. Surgery may be delayed, but I don't think I'm getting out of it.

I do feel rather low. Plus my arthritis seems to be lurking around the bend, and ready to get me in the noggin with the lead pipe. Heel twinge, unusual back pain in the dead center of my back, the odd quirky cell floating around my iris as possible harbinger of six week of inflammatory
hell of semi-blindness. I'm about due for a bout of uveitis, having never managed to go a full two years between flares.

This guy (on f*n fire, baby) called me funny once.

It's been a hell of a while since I was. Say, maybe the damn nodule is pressing on my carotid. Mybe surgery isn't all bad. Maybe my brain has some blood to look forward to, and I can crack wise again. And have boobs.

I got very bored and depressed, so I went and plugged myself in to its external computer feed. I talked to the computer at great length and explained my view of the Universe to it,'' said Marvin.
''And what happened?'' pressed Ford.
''It committed suicide,'' said Marvin and stalked off back to the Heart of Gold
.

Hey, but the robot lived. :)

Comments:
I wouldn't mind looking a little more like a bag of antlers. I've gained about 15 pounds since my back went to pot. Sorry you feel so crappy right now. You have good cause.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?