Monday, January 09, 2006
Poetry Stylings of Ray Dandridge
Steve, tipped by Dan Riehl andthe wayback machine, links to a newly-found 1998 version of a Ray Dandridge prison penpal page, with bonus Poetry ( an example of some of that "poetry, yeah, poetry" work he said he would love for a special lady to see sometime in the 2005 updated pen pal page.)
The 98' version featured a punkier, younger Ray (he's got 6 more years of weight training to go...)
Is Pleased To Present...
Ad started: 09/25/98 Mr. Ray Dandridge

Personal Ad:
My name is Ray but my friends call me Luckey. I'm 25 years old, about 6' tall and 190 pounds. I have baby brown eyes, short hair with waves in it and I'm brown skinned. I'm a SBM looking for a good friend and maybe more.
I'm still missing that special lady in my life and maybe she's you, but everything starts with friendship and I would love to be your friend if you let me in. Your age, size, race and place does not matter to me, because it's what's in your heart that counts with me and what's on your mind.What I am looking for in a real woman is; she must know where she's going and what she wants out of life and out of a man. These are the things that mean a lot to me. I would like for you to look at me like an open book and feel free to ask me anything that comes to mind because I'm an open-minded person.
I've been down for 3 years now; I have 2-6 years to go. I got locked up for an assault and firearms commission that was behind a woman. Hear that ladies, Ray will fight for your love. And he'll blame you. Ladies, don't hurt Ray. When he gets out of prison, he'll come looking for you.
I like sports, movies, writing poems, cooking, working out and long walks on the beach. I will answer all replies.
Here's where "luckey" gets creative:
"A Standing Ovation for a Black Woman"
Blackwoman, you were put to the test like silver and gold burned by the fires of time. You came through unblemished. You were blessed by the gods to be a strong Black Queen of Queens. You have been the backbone of our nation for many centuries. You have sustained the life of our Black Nation through our hell fires and troubles in history. My Black Queen, you had to endure much and continue to endure much. Our survival would not have been possible if it were not for our strong Black Nubian Queens. You've been the bridge in our life to get us over anything that came our way. This is you, my Nubian Queen; daughter of God, Queen of the Nile. Upon your skin the sun has smiled. You're the essence of god's glorious light with Ebony skin as dark as night. Mother of the Earth; sister to the world, you're more valued than Diamonds, more precious than pearls. A beauty to Behold; A Nubian Queen, you're as beautiful as the Seven Wonders of the World. Your face is as picturesque and shines like a thousand-sun goddess. Your lips open and close rhythmically as you speak only words of wisdom for centuries. You have stood tall and stately like your words, strengthened by strong morals and values. Sister, you're vigorous and exquisite, like the pyramids of Egypt. You're graceful and celestial as an angel. Blackwoman, you're picked from the tree of life and have seen many generations come and go. You are as ancient and as new as today. Your love is as changeless as death; your passion challenged as a raging storm. Your touch is as gentle as a spring breeze blowing through the Cypress trees. A vision of love in every man's dreams, you're all God created to be the perfect example of what a woman's supposed to be like. You're the blood that runs through my veins; you're the every thought within my brain. You are me; for out of you were born all Nations and this is why I give you, Blackwoman, a standing ovation. Written By: Luckey
Write A Letter To This Person Directly At Their Postal Mailing Address!
It's the FASTEST & MOST private way to communicate with a prisoner!
Be sure to tell them you saw their ad on Prison Pen Pals.comã
Postal Mailing Address: Ray Dandridge #235-473
1607 Planters Road (RM-31101) - Lawrenceville Virginia U.S.A. 23868USE BACK ARROW TO RETURN TO PREVIOUS PAGE
![]()
"Police in three states are looking to see if Gray and Dandridge might be involved in other crimes. One such case involves Gray’s wife, Treva Gray. She was found killed outside Pittsburgh just days after Dandridge was released from prison in Goochland in late October." (from WWBT 12 web story.
Yeah, oh yeah, he is smooth with the ladies.
<< Home
