.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I would just like to announce

...that my son seems to have come down with a flu-like syndrome, and I appear to be following. DH is not looking so hot himself.

And John Kerry looks and sounds like hell. I saw some tape of his speech today to the Economic Club of Detroit. He looked weak in the eyes in a way that makes me think he is really ill. (I say that because when I've noticed that "look" in family members,and some patients I had contact with, grave illness was diagnosed shortly thereafter). His voice is weaker, and still hoarse and "chesty". He's sick. It's chronic. Watch him.

I won't watch Dan Rather. Or CBS. There can be no reward given for faking the news and protecting the lie.

I was a week ahead of the big-dog blogs when I said CBS would pull the Michael Moore hairless-Wookie defense. Perhaps I am a week ahead of a fired Dan Rather. That's really the one part of the story where my hopes prevailed over my better sense...
the one part where I've really been wrong is in being too kind to Rather.

I thought it would matter to him if the documents were forgeries. Sure, he's clueless, not very plugged in to the real world anymore, and slow on the uptake. But Dan Rather would retract, and regret, using fake documents that mucked up what he thought was an important story. Only THEN would he go on to assert that the story was "true in a larger sense." He's just be sorry he screwed it up with improperly vetted forged evidence.

Now I know I should have expected the worst.

It's the most disgraceful abdication of journalistic ethics I've ever witnessed, and that includes the Blair scandal...

Read over at Ace that Marty Heldt has (I am drawing the conclusion here, Ace is more circumspect) shopped these forgeries around for years... at least as early as 1999.
You could buy them off of his web page. He may have been in cahoots with the unstable Burkett.

Burkett had meningoencephalitis, and I believe the insult to the brain has ravaged his mental health as well as his body. I think his statements tend toward paranoia and confabulation. He once asserted he was being retaliated against by the military for refusing to personally destroy the records of George W Bush. ( he later admitted this was not true, that he exaggerated and "overreached". That is, made it up as a paranoid explanation for why things didn't go right for him. Ace has much more about Burkett, lots of links.

Ace also discovers that a "th" ligature key was on the Olympia typewriter used by Killian's secretary. This is the TH on undisputed official Bush guard documents emanating from that office, which Dan pointed to and said "SEE? See? there were so superscripted th's on typewriters.

It's there on the typewriter alright, but it's a dedicated key, and midscripted. NOT SUPERSCRIPTED.






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?