Friday, September 17, 2004
Citizens A-rray-est! Citizens A-rray-est!
CBS Memogate Malefactors, Meet the Texas Penal Code
Some freepers are putting up the Kitty-noose picture, some are pooh-poohing the statute's applicability.
Federal pre-emption confuses me.
As least with regards to ERISA, I've seen it confuse a lot of high-falutin legal minds, too. Is there some federal law that pre-empts this state statute? I don't think the fact that they are army papers means that there can't be a state law against perpetrating a fraud with them.
And isn't the Texas Air National guard under the authority of the Governor of Texas?
I'll be watching discussion of this issue.
Some freepers are putting up the Kitty-noose picture, some are pooh-poohing the statute's applicability.
Federal pre-emption confuses me.
As least with regards to ERISA, I've seen it confuse a lot of high-falutin legal minds, too. Is there some federal law that pre-empts this state statute? I don't think the fact that they are army papers means that there can't be a state law against perpetrating a fraud with them.
And isn't the Texas Air National guard under the authority of the Governor of Texas?
I'll be watching discussion of this issue.